Thursday, July 28, 2005

Desperate Housewives vs SATC

I started watching Desperate Housewives last night, finished 10 episodes by now. Previously, I was a fan of Sex and the City. Like all other girls, there of course is a character in the show I wanted to be. I wanted to be Carrie Bradshaw.

Ok, back to the shows.

I feel in Desperate Housewives, the 4 main characters somehow are (similar to) characters in SATC. Why do I say so?

Well, you see, in SATC, 4 of the girls are very good friends. So are susan, Brie, Lynette and Gabriel.

Charlotte manages the art gallery so faultlessly, her house is spotless, she sits, stands, talks in the best manner (the list goes on and on). In other words, she is the perfect one.
So do we see a Brie here?

Miranda. She dresses very plain, is not that beautiful compared to the other 3 (face it), has a baby, and is (quite) always tired.
A Lynette? Although, her children here are more than what anyone can stand.

The sex goddess Samantha. She's sexy, enticing, and making love is her cup of tea.
I feel Gabriel is what I see in Samantha.

Carrie is too sensitive for her own good, say's Yi-Shen. Expecting a lot from guys (which I don't think is too much).

Well, I suddenly can't think of what Carrie and Susan have in common! I remembered while I was watching the show, but not now. Yerh... So heck it... You guys tell me if you do think they are somehow alike.

Whatever~

No comments: