Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Housefly In Soup

Customer: Wa!! Boss! There's a fly in my soup la! Apalah?

Boss: Ha? Really? Where? Let me see?

Customer: Of course real la! See? See? See?

Boss: Oh, ok, sorry, sorry, I change for you.

Customer: (To friend) Wa, make me drink the whole bowl of soup that has a housefly in it la... this shop ah, next time cannot come la!

Friend: Yeah loh, must ask him to give discount la.

Boss: Here you go Boss, sorry ah! Later I give you discount, no problem!



Did that housefly decide to swim in that particular bowl of soup, or was it a very ambitious fly who wanted to swim in the whole pot of soup?

Will the customer drink the second bowl of soup given, or will he go back and vomit what he had consumed?

If the fly indeed was an ambitious one, and if the customer decided to drink the new bowl of soup thinking that the fly wasn't an ambitious one, what's the conclusion, my friends?

If she (let's assume my soup drinking character is a female la, females are more bitchy ma!) were to ask for a big discount, pay her bill and never go to that shop again, go around telling all the people she knows, plus the people she doesn't know to not to go to that shop anymore; it may be because she feels it’s an super-non-hygienic-restaurant.

If, she were to complain and complain about the fly to her friends that are together with her, drink the new bowl of soup, continue complaining some more, ask for a big discount, pay her bill and never go to that shop again, go around telling all the people she knows, plus the people she doesn't know to not to go to that shop anymore; then, it may be because her female instinct tells her that the housefly is not an ambitious one.

Gosh, I'm confused of myself.

What I feel about this is, that most of the time the way people react is all in the mindset when these kinda situations arise.

We can:

(A) tell ourselves that the germs of the housefly has long been killed by the temperature of the boiling soup, and don't have to make a big fuss over the heroic-fly;

or,

(B) think and do otherwise.

It is this (A) and (B) that's confusing me. Why do most of us (at least for me I will) choose (B) when (A) is a much more harmonious way of dealing with things? 'Coz you know why? It makes our lives more interesting and spicy! And I love spicy food!!!

I guess that's why... (at least for me it is.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I seldom leave comments on blog, but I have been to this post which was recommended by my friend, lots of valuable details, thanks again.